Welcome to Atlanta
PONCE CITY MARKET
breathes new life into the historic Sears, Roebuck & Co. building in Atlanta. The classic structure, which is the area’s largest adaptive reuse project, has been reinvented as a vibrant community hub housing the Central Food Hall, various shops, flats and offices, all while pointing back to the roots of its inception. The market infuses vigor and excitement into this historically-signiﬁcant structure, located in one of Atlanta’s most cherished neighborhoods.
How to get out and see Atlanta’s Attractions:
The Convention & Entertainment District is where big events and family fun meet. Discover Atlanta’s civil rights history in the historic Sweet Auburnneighborhood. Neighboring Fairlie-Poplar puts world-renowned performances center stage. And Castleberry Hill provides the perfect blend of eclectic artistry and city spirit.
Atlanta Travel Guide
Atlanta’s East Side
Atlanta’s Eastside offers a unique blend of neighborhoods. From upscale shopping and dining in Virginia-Highland to the gritty energy of East Atlanta Village and the surging street life that defines Little Five Points. It is the exuberance of the Beltline and the Old Fourth Ward and the sense of community in always festive Inman Park.
Located less than a mile north of Centennial Olympic Park, Midtown Atlanta is bustling with art and energy. Known as Atlanta’s “Heart of the Arts,” Midtown’s Art’s District is home to the Fox Theatre, High Museum of Art, MODA, Center for Puppetry Arts, SCAD FASH Museum of Fashion + Film, the Ferst Center for the Arts on Georgia Tech’s campus and more.
From the constant energy of Piedmont Park where you can cycle, walk or simply relax to Peachtree Street, a walkable stretch of the city where people enjoy the art of living, Midtown Atlanta is always on the move. And when the sun goes down, Midtown turns up the volume with nightclubs and lounges. From Opera Nightclub to Sutra Lounge, dancing doesn’t stop until the sun comes up.
The Shops at Buckhead, Atlanta
The Shops at Buckhead, Atlanta are six blocks of fun. Until May 2011 called Streets of Buckhead, is a 9-acre planned mixed-use development in the Buckhead district in Atlanta, Georgia. The project is a redevelopment of part of the Buckhead Village neighborhood.
Learn about the historical significance of West End and Atlanta University Center, Herndon Home, Cascade Heights, Busy Bee’s and more.
Old Fourth Ward
5 Reasons to Visit Stone Mountain Park
- Stone Mountain is the place to take your family to see the Lasershow Spectacular in Mountainvision®. The lights are choreographed with toe-tapping tunes and take-your-breath away pyrotechnics. It is the very best way to cap off a day at Stone Mountain Park.
- The Crossroads area is the spot to spend a few hours watching live shows, shopping and dining.
- Stone Mountain is a great place to throw a party, have a family reunion or host a company picnic. The professionals at Stone Mountain Park will plan and host your group event for you. Your requirement: Have a ball.
- Learn a little history as you gaze up at the faces carved into the mountain. Who are they? Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson and Jefferson Davis.
- Attractions include Summit Skyride, Geyser Towers®, SkyHike®, Scenic Railroad, 4-D Theater, Ride The Ducks™, The Great Barn®, Great Locomotive Chase Adventure Golf, Antebellum Plantation & Farmyard and Discovering Stone Mountain Museum at Memorial Hall.
Six Flags Atlanta Georgia
We are synchronizing thousands of traffic lights to make commutes easier. We are replacing and repairing bridges to connect communities. We are replacing thousands of street lights to make neighborhoods safer. We are upgrading fire stations, police stations and recreation centers, and recently opened the new Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation and Aquatic Center in the Old Fourth Ward.
We are resurfacing Atlanta’s major roads and repairing city streets with a Complete Streets approach that addresses curbs, sidewalks, bike lanes, crossing signals and ADA ramps to decrease congestion, improve mobility and provide transportation options.
Our award-winning North Avenue Smart Corridor is utilizing the latest technology in our effort to engineer an efficient transportation network for the future. Though a coalition of global private-sector companies, Atlanta is partnering with São Paulo, Brazil and Shanghai, China to identify and address strategic road challenges in cities around the world.
Atlanta’s Newcomer’s Guide